Sunday, September 10, 2006

My 1st Movie review




I thought that I would give writing movie reviews a try. so if I'm not that good tell me what i can do to make my writing better. so for today's first ever movie review by Paul khailo I watched Lucky Number Slevin. Directed by Paul McGuigan and written by Jason Smilovac. This "a man being in the wrong place at the wrong time" type of movie but with an interesting twist that brings all questions answered and turns the film from a cool, hip type comedy to a very serious sad film. A case of mistaken identity lands Slevin( Josh Hartnett) into a unfortunate situation between two rival crime bosses, The Boss ( Morgan Freeman) and The Rabbi ( Ben Kingsley). Slevin, who is mistaken for Nick Fisher, Has to find 33 thousand dollars and assassinate a man. All the while he is being watched by a detective, and infamous hitman Goodkat( Bruce Willis). Slevin Plays it cool in the entire film, never getting shaken up even when getting beat up constantley. this movie felt a little bit like Snatch at times with its very smooth and witty dialogue, but sadly it wasn't as funny as Snatch, maybe its because they didn't have British acsents. The film overall I felt was strong in telling the strory, but you are left confused at times and kind of get annoyed because you stay confused untill the end where everything unfolds. I Give it a 7 out of 10

No comments: