Monday, September 25, 2006

Longest Yard movie review



ok well heres my second movie review, this time its the Longest Yard with Andam Sandler and Chris Rock. well first of all its pretty much the story of a washed out football player (adam sandler) who ends up in jail after he, being drunk, takes his girlfriends bently on a high speed chase. so he crashes the car and goes to a redneck filled prison in texas. in there he is left with a choice, to spend his three year sentence even longer, or to round up a bunch of the convicts and make a football team to play a fixed game against the gaurds. I thought that this movie was pretty good for it being a football movie( which I usually don't care to watch) but I don't think it stood up to Sandlers older films like The Water boy or happy gilmore. but what I did notice was that Sandlers comedy has mellowed out and is not as over the top as it used to be. I would say that the longest Yard was pretty much the same tone through out without any really laugh out loud funny parts. but it still did have its moments. what I thought was the funniest thing about this movie was that they tried to make Adam Sandler look like some tough bad ass........hes too cuddley. anway I give it a 6 out of 10

1 comment:

Jez said...

Burt Reynolds is what made that movie worth it...he was in the original, you know...that's what makes it cool